Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Duff Smith - 'you ain't goin' nowhere.' - AF100 + Lomo Anamorphic + SmallHD DP6

First controlled test of the Panasonic AF100 and my Lomo anamorphics;



I really like the look of this combo. Very similar to what I'm used to with the GH13, but much more enjoyable to use. As always, I used my trusty Hot Rod PL mount adapter and I had the same Scene File settings as my previous test. But this time, I used the SmallHD DP6 monitor to squeeze down the image live, while I was shooting. This is way more enjoyable than watching the distorted image on the onboard LCD on the GH13 or AF100. Currently, the DP6's software only supports an image of about 3:1, about 80% of what is needed to see the entire 2x image properly. They are working to address this in a firmware update. Which is awesome. They have great customer service over at SmallHD for sure.

Here are some BTS pictures;

small HD on AF100
Small HD 2x mode

Thanks for looking!

No comments :

Post a Comment